There are many ways you can support London Plus Credit Union to develop our services to the whole community of people who live or work in Hammersmith & Fulham and Kensington & Chelsea. A strong credit union will make it more difficult for high interest home credit companies to exploit our community. The more we are able to lend, the more local money we keep in the local community. We will also reduce the ability for criminal loan sharks to prey on the most vulnerable people in our community.
How can I give my support as an individual?
- If you already have savings, transfer some of them to your London Plus Credit Union share account. You can currently save up to £10,000 with London Plus. Your savings are protected and will enable us to make affordable loans to people in your local community.
- Set up a regular savings plan. Saving £50 a month by standing order would give you savings of £600 after a year and in the meantime will allow us to give more loans within your neighbourhood.
- Take out a loan with London Plus Credit Union. If you need a loan, borrowing from the credit union will help your local community. We'll give you good rates and all the interest you pay goes to the running costs of the credit union. All our profits are reinvested in the credit union or redistributed amongst the membership.
- Tell your friends, neighbours and work colleagues about London Plus Credit Union. The more members we have who save and borrow the credit union the stronger we will be. We've estimated that we need to have 3,000 members to become self sustaining and we'll reach that figure within 2 years.
- Volunteer with London Plus Credit Union. Your time is very valuable and you can invest it in building a strong resource for the community. There are many ways to volunteer, from giving out leaflets to serving on the Board of Directors.
How can my organisation support London Plus Credit Union?
- Promote our savings and loans amongst your employees and customers. Help us to build the membership amongst people who live or work in Hammersmith & Fulham and Kensington & Chelsea and you'll be helping us to provide competitive financial services to the whole community and tackle the exploitation of the more vulnerable.
- Set up a payroll deduction facility for your employees. If your company is based in Hammersmith & Fulham or Kensington & Chelsea, you can allow your employees to have payment made directly to their savings or loan accounts with the credit union. Making it easy for employees to save is one of the best ways to encourage a health-promoting savings culture.
- Set up a Savings Scheme for your employees. A savings scheme is a great employee benefit and is the best way to encourage people to develop a responsible savings culture.
- Make a donation. London Plus Credit Union will grow to be a self-sustaining social business. In the first two years we will need support and after that donations can be used to provide extra services to benefit the community.
- Set up a partnership with us. We are keen to work with other socially responsible organisations to benefit our local community. Talk to us about how we can achieve more for our community by working together.
- Encourage your employees to volunteer with us. You can sponsor your employees to work at the credit union. They will gain valuable experience while making an important contribution to the community.
Who supports H&F Credit Union?
The following is a list of organisations that are already supporters of H&F Credit Union: