What can I do to help?
As an individual
If you live or work in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham or Kensington & Chelsea there are a number of ways that you can help London Plus Credit Union:
- Volunteer to help the credit union by distributing leaflets throughout the borough and promoting London Plus at community events. There are also a limited number of opportunities for people interested in joining the Board of Directors of the Credit Union, particularly those with experience in financial services.
- Word of mouth is the best form of advertising! Tell your friends, family and work colleagues about the credit union and its many benefits.
As an organisation
There are significant costs and challenges associated with starting up a credit union. If your organisation or company would like to contribute to tackling financial exclusion in the borough, you can:
- Make a donation. This will help meet the running costs of the credit union as we grow towards self-sutainability
- Offer in-kind support such as expertise, covering printing etc This can be a valuable form of support during the development phase of the credit union.
- Contact the Credit Union to find out about facilitating a payroll deduction savings scheme through H&F Credit Union for your staff and/or clients (if they live or work in the borough).
Get Your Volunteer Information Pack
If you want more information about the volunteer positions with London Plus Credit Union, contact us to request your Volunteer Information Pack. The volunteer pack has all the information you need to decide how you can help us. It includes an application form that you need to fill out and return to us at the address below.
Sign up to help us today. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the number below.